Heya! I’m Adit (“uh-dit”). 👋🏽
Aside from being an aviation geek, I'm a:
- 🚗 roadtripper
- 🌲 lover of our national parks (23/63)
- 📷 photographer (portfolio link)
- 🧗 rock climber
- 🏎️ and F1 fan
I work with data, but after work I also enjoy designing and building for the web (like this website!)
I am currently an economist at Hopper. As an Economist, I use my background in economics and data science to identify trends in travel demand and pricing. To date, I've worked extensively with Hopper's airline, hotel, and rental car data. My goal is to help travellers save the most on their next trip.
Prior to my current role, I worked as a software engineering intern at Digitas for the Intel account. I was also an undergraduate VC intern with Chicago Ventures, and a marketing intern alongside the amazing team at the Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
I graduated from the University of Chicago in Dec. 2019 with a BA in Economics and a specialization in Data Science. I'm about halfway through my Master’s in Computer Science at Georgia Tech, specializing in Machine Learning.
On campus at UChicago, I led Midway Ventures, a student-run startup consulting group that teaches undergraduates about venture capital financing. I built the Midway website myself during the summer of 2018.
You might run into me if you're in Albuquerque, New Mexico 🏜️.
What I Believe
- I believe anything can be taught to anyone. I think of education as a matter of work ethic, accessibility, and privilege—not innate talent.
- I believe in protecting the environment. The natural world should be respected and preserved.
- I believe discomfort is a motivator. I tend to get complacent when I’m happy with where I am.
- I believe in humility. Working in fast food was one of the most humbling experiences of my life. Be kind. Be gracious.
- I believe in acceptance. My parents were immigrants to the U.S., and throughout my childhood I watched their sacrifices manifest into opportunities for their children. Regardless of your race, religion, color, or creed, I believe you belong here.
- I believe in open-source and giving credit where it is due. Open source has helped me become the coder I am today. However, I strongly stand against plagiarism and will credit others' contributions in my own work.
The Last Book(s) I Read
- The Long Haul: A Trucker's Tales of Life on the Road, by Finn Murphy
TV Shows I Love:
- Halt and Catch Fire
- Mad Men
- Avatar the Last Airbender
- Legend of Korra
- How I Met Your Mother
- Drive to Survive